Save the dates
22-25 June 2019
City of Plovdiv, Bulgaria
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Institute of Free Researchers “Historeon” (IFRH), in collaboration with Cultural Center – Museum TRAKART, announces the conference “Bulgaria, the Balkans and the Circumpontic area: cradle of the Eurasian civilization” . Submission of abstracts for posters or oral presentations is invited in the following areas:
- The autochthonous population of the Balkans known as Pelasgians, Thracians, Cimmerians (a.k.a. Aryans, Proto-Indo-Europeans): their early ceramic technology mastering (pottery, cult objects), their early golden masterpieces, their plant cultivation and animal domestication efforts, their knowledge of astronomy, their metallurgy, religious beliefs, (proto)scripts, construction technology, first evidence of urbanization, etc.
- The Great Flood in the Black Sea: the first (since the end of last ice age) known great natural catastrophe to cause large scale migration. New data and its implications.
- Origin of spiritual values, moral code and religious pantheon
- Oldest scripts related to the Balkans
- Linguistic aspects: Aryan Invasion Theory vs Out of India Theory; other vectors of traceable propagation
- Latest DNA data and Population Genetics
- The Aryan diaspora: links to Sumer, Persia, India and China; traces to Egypt, Crete, Etruscan world..
- Latest studies of the megalithic structures: pattern of spreading, tracing links to the west of the Balkan Peninsula
Submission of papers: Until the call announcing the fixed Conference Program enquiries and submission of papers should be directed to Ivan Daraktchiev, Organizing Committee Chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Format: Four days during the month of June, 2019, June 22nd to 25th, including:
- 1/ two days with oral and poster presentations (Sat and Sun)
- 2/ during the two days after that, Monday and Tuesday, (24-35).06.19, a tour of three to four sites of key archaeological and/or historical and/or spiritual importance will be organized for the group.
Arrival in Bulgaria should be planned for Friday, June 21st at the latest, and departure for Wednesday, June 26th at the earliest, for those willing to take the opportunity and join the group visiting the sites.
Additional information: The Conference will be organized in the city of Plovdiv – the ancient Pulpudava, and later on Philippopolis, then Plovdiv – exactly at the time when it is serving as Europe’s cultural capital. The Organizing Committee is ascertained that the City Council will lend us a helping hand to offer remarkable settings and unforgettable events. For those international scientists who may opt to stay a few extra days we will organize farther exploration trips to the mountains.
THE TENTATIVE PROGRAM WILL FOLLOW SOON